Thursday, January 26, 2012

To Be Connected or Not to Be Connected?

When I was little, my mom used to put me on a leash. At the time, I thought nothing of it. In fact, I kinda thought it was cool being connected. In my moms eyes, I was safe from kidnappers.


It wasn't until later in life that I found out the true reason.


My family thought I was mentally challenged.


It was this big dark secret that they thought would never come out. But like all secrets, this one had a way of resurfacing.


When I was younger, a lot of mental diseases/illnesses weren't widely known. I'll be the first to admit I had a few minor problems that (unfortunately) carried over into my adulthood. Since this is my tell-all site, I will explain them to you as best I can.


1) The grunt
2) The neck twitch
3) The eye twitch
4) The jaw bite
5) The itching
6) The snorting


No wonder my family thought I was challenged. But fear not my friends, I am in fact normal. 


Well, as normal as an ADD/Turrets/Asthmatic can be. I know what you all are thinking, "Wow shes asthmatic!" But let me tell you, having ADD and Turrets is no field day either!


I constantly feel the need to blink. My neck is always in pain so I'm always readjusting it. I always fear I wont be able to breathe if I don't snort and clear my throat. I itch because I am allergic to everything.


So rather than address the problem, my parents thought it was best to just keep me on a leash.



No comments:

Post a Comment